Misleading color swatches and Julep could care less
I realize color swatches for makeup and nail polishes can be a bit off at times because manufacturers feel the need to enhance product photos. But Julep has finally convinced me to stop buying from them.
Julep recently released the latest "Cancer" shade from their Zodiac Collection. They advertise it as "an ethereal soft coral" and their photo swatch shows a shimmery light coral shade. Perfect, just what I wanted.
However, what I received was a dull rose metallic that looked NOTHING like what they were advertising. And the bottle wasn't full -- it appeared to have nail polish missing. So I immediately snapped a photo and emailed it to Julep's customer service. And how did they respond? It went something like "We're sorry you were not happy with the product and did not find it satisfactory." They offered no apology for the misleading advertising or any explanation as to why the nail polish I received would look totally different from what they were advertising. They totally blew me off.
Frankly, I'm tired of Julep and their unethical way of doing business. I'm tired of paying $14.00 for only a 1/4 oz of nail polish. The colors have never been exactly as portrayed and the polish dries out and gets lumpy after only a couple of months. This latest incident was finally the last straw.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Fairly fast shipping
What I disliked
- Only quarter ounce of nail polish
- Short shelf life
- Misleading color swatches
You May Also Like
- "Bought the warm kit, six shades, the image shows one purple color in the kit. Sure enough they send me two purples. I called them and they said they send..."
- "Hav used other products but wanted to try this one, I finally buy this product for almost $150 not even a week using it and the bottom left of my..."
- "My 10 year old daughter, who lost her hair from Wen Cleansing Conditioner, granted permission to share this photo in hopes of preventing others from using Wen and having the..."
- "1st time i used levis u.k. Return policy is a trick to keep your money atlest show it on the shop so customer can be aware instead written small at..."
- "I oredered two Tshirts and a matching phone case beginning of 12/3/16. They shipped me the wrong item with the wrong artwork. The artwork was a bunny not a ***..."
- "I had never heard of Zazzle before. I buy most things on Amazon. My stepfather is a huge fan of cigars and jigsaw puzzles. So, I got him a wonderful..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."