1.2K views

I got a free box via Swagbucks (I paid $2.99 shipping). After reading reviews and what was actually in the box I wanted to cancel. I did it 2 days after the initial free Welcome Box.

Several (!!!) emails and several voicemails (I never got a person) they STILL haven't cancelled. I went into the billing portion and entered a prepaid Visa card that only has $0.12 on it and put it as my default card. Wish I'd used a prepaid Visa initially. I stupidly put my bank card in. I changed the expiration date, so it *should* decline but who knows.

On my last email i put in very bold capital letters that if I don't hear from them by the 15th of July (2014) that I'm calling my credit card company and telling them that Maven is NOT allowed to charge my card. I also put in the email that I am not authorizing them to charge my card, and have sent several requests to cancel the subscription and to delete my card information from the account.

They should have an option to delete your card if you add a new one ( like i added the visa gift card). They shouldn't keep the others on file. Seems wrong...

I also took screen captures of everything I wrote to them in my emails, and saved the emails as well. Mostly for the credit card company. Next time I call I'm recording it, as proof of what they do or don't say.

Had an Experience with Julep?

Comments

If you used paypal you can cancel the reoccurring billing!That way you don't have to deal with talking to anyone or calling and calling and getting no response.

All you have to do is log in, go to your profile, 'my money', 'reoccurring payment', and you should see julep listed there! From there you can click their company name and click cancel on the page it brings you to.

Hope this helps someone!I know it saved my butt, since I have anxiety like issues with phones.

Elmsford, New York, United States #840723

Thanks guys!I called today and did that.

Happy to report they cancelled it right then for me.And she deleted my credit card info as well.

very relieved!

Chicago, Illinois, United States #840453

Instead of selecting option 4, which I tried and got the voicemail option, try option 3 for billing.You have to wait awhile, but someone will actually answer and you can cancel from there.

Just say that you couldn't reach anyone another way.

I liked the product, but just couldn't afford it and didn't appreciate that they were keeping such tight grips on my credit card information.It didn't seem right to me.

Miami, Florida, United States #840452

SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!!IVE BEEN CALLING SINCE LAST WEEK AND NO ONE ANSWERS.

I JUST CALLED AGAIN BUT I CHOSE THE BILLING DEPARTMENT INSTEAD OF THE CANCELLATION DEPARTMENT AND WAS ON HOLD FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTES. I WENT AHEAD AND COMPLAINED THAT NO ONE ANSWERED AND THE WOMAN WENT AHEAD AND CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION RIGHT AWAY. SO CALL THE BILLING DEPARTMENT AND YOU SHOULD GET AN ANSWER. OH AND I LIVE IN FLORIDA SO THE TIME ZONE IS ABOUT 2-3 HOURS DIFFERENT.

I HAD TO WAIT FOR THEM TO OPEN AT 8AM PST. MAKE SURE YOUR CALLING WITHIN THEIR TIME TO GET AN ANSWER.

I CALLED 2 MINUTES AFTER THEIR OFFICE OPENED TO MAKE SURE I WAS FIRST IN LINE AND LESS WAIT TIME IN THE MORNING.GOOD LUCK!